NON-DIET FAT LOSS TIPS
While we talk about fat loss, we only look at food as the solution, but many times the problem may not be the food but other factors which are discussed below!! Here are a few ways in which you can speed up your fat loss process.
NEVER SWALLOW AIR
I know it’s a bit of odd advice to give, but swallowed air is one of the leading causes of bloating.
· Avoid aerated drinks: Since they fill your stomach with air causing an enough bloating to irritate you
· Avoid smoking: Smokers generally tend to swallow the smoke, resulting in bloated bellies.
· Avoid bubble gum. It bloats you as well thanks to the extra air we take in while chewing the gum.
· Avoid talking during eating. It leads you indigestion and air swallowing.
ENJOY YOUR FOOD SLOWLY
When you eat quickly, you swallow a huge amount of food before you realise you are full. Whereas, slow-eating gives you more time to realise that you’re full so that you can avoid over-eating.
· Chew each bite 20 – 30 times.
· Set a timer for about 20 minutes before starting your meal. Pace yourself so that you don’t have the last bite till the timer turns off.
Eating with a busy mind can cause over-consumption of food. It can also cause weight gain as when we are unable to focus correctly on our food, our body does not produce digestive juices the way it should. Whereas, consuming food in peace and sanity can help digest and absorb your food better.
Different body types need a varied amount of sleep. Adults need about 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Whereas, Kids need 10 to 12 hrs of sound sleep or even more. Proper sleep boosts up your entire weight loss journey. When your body doesn’t get enough amount of rest, it becomes difficult to feel motivated to get up and lead your day with happiness and confidence. You also tend to consume more junk food due to irregular sleeping patterns.
MAINTAIN A FOOD JOURNAL.
· Noting what you eat every day can help you eventually understand where you are going wrong and what are your wrong food habits, timings or choices.
· It is an excellent way to self introspect and be mindful about what you choose to put in your mouth every time you eat.
· Keep a diary or make notes on your phone and at the end of the week, make a note of all the wrong things you ate during the whole week according to you, and make sure you do not repeat it in the coming week.