TOP 6 WINTER FOODS
Winter is an official binging time for people. To make your winters less sinful, here I am back with some superfoods to be incorporated in your diet – making you super healthy during this pleasant season. Let’s start with some sweet!
· Famously known as Shakarkand or Rathaalu on the streets of India, is a great winter-time snack.
· Contains vitamin A, potassium and is a high source of fibre, which helps you feel warmer.
· Regular intake builds immunity, minimizes inflammation and cures indigestion.
· Highly nutritious fruit and a must-eat for fitness freaks as it is filled with natural sugars.
· Helps in maintaining your body weight by preventing silly sugar cravings.
· Regular intake during winters benefits your body, adding warmth to your body.
· Rich in vitamin E, which increases blood flow to the skin, making it smooth and supple.
· It is an excellent source of antioxidant to protect you from all cold-related issues.
· Regular intake keeps your nervous system and brain active – gifting you a healthy heart and body!
BAJRA / MILLET:
· Contains abundant fiber and minerals.
· Its high iron content is known to cure Anaemia.
· Regular intake during winter season makes your bones stronger.
· Haldi is very famous in India as a home remedy for cold and flu.
· It’s a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory spice which fights cold and cough and is useful for dry and painful cough.
· Regular intake helps in repairing body cells during heavy winters.
· Fully packed with beta-carotene carrots and rich in vitamin A.
· Can be consumed in the form of soup or stew keeping yourself away from cold and flu.
· Regular intake during winters protects you from infections and supports skin repair.