1/4 cup diced onion
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
1/2 cup gluten-free steel cut oats
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
Red pepper flake
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup spinach or greens, chopped into small pieces
1/2 lemon, juiced
Black pepper to taste
- To a vessel on medium heat, add the mushrooms and onions along with a tablespoon or two of water. Saute until the mushrooms are softened, and the onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the spinach and lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil, and then reduce the temperature to low
- Allow to simmer uncovered for 10 mins, stirring frequently to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot. If the water seems to be evaporated before the 10 minutes are up, add a few tablespoons of water and continue to cook.
- When the time is up, add the lemon juice and spinach. Stir to combine, and then place a lid on the vessel and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Spoon your risotto oats into a bowl, and top with italian herbs.
|Energy ( kcal)||Carbs(gm)||Protein(gm)||Fat(gm)||Fiber(gm)|