KEEP YOUR HEART FIT
All of us, without exception, experience the feeling of being famished at some stage in our life. The panting and palpitation is a common thing amongst all the urbanites, obviously due to the luxurious sedentary life they lead. A tad bit of movement also seems like a lot of activity done by us just because we do not move our limbs regularly, sit on our comfortable chairs for hours, laze on our cosy couch and do things on a click of a button. The ease and comfort around us make us so lazy that moving our joints also becomes a tedious task. But have you ever thought that just like your car has an engine which needs to be kept in its best condition to perform well, your body also has its natural engine, which is the HEART? This fist-size innocent organ plays an unimaginable role even in the edgiest situations to just keep you alive and going. From pumping blood every second to your organs, to clearing the bad blood in your body, it does it all. And yet we take for granted. It is time we realize we need to do something special for this mighty organ and the best way to do it give it some exercise which can make its muscles strong helping it to perform its work without much stress. You can choose any from below:
- Brisk walk: 30 minutes of this in a day is good enough to help to strengthen your heart.
- Jogging/ running: The trick is to start slow and steady and then increase your speed gradually. This helps to condition your heart.
- Interval training: You can do this by running for a minute and walking for 3 minutes and repeating it for 30 minutes. You can also increase or change the time limits as per your capacity.
- Aerobics/ dance/ Zumba:These are fun ways of working out your heart muscles. Besides that, since it is a group workout, you don’t need to hunt for motivation.
- Swimming: A simple low impact exercise which gives a good pump to your heart and also refreshes you after a hectic working day.
- Cycling: A fun way to exercise, especially if you are a part of a cycling gang or you roll on the empty roads early morning with a set of few friends. Just hire a bike and get going.
- Skipping: A convenient form of exercise that can be done anytime, anywhere even in the premises of your house, compound or office. You can carry it with you as well.
- Functional training: This includes boot camp kind of activities like jump squats, walking lunges, mountain climbers, burpees etc. which not only condition your heart but also other muscles of your body.
- Surya Namaskars: You can do these as per your capacity and at your own pace. Make sure to get your form right by doing it under the guidance of a trainer.
- Stair climbing: If nothing else works, just take a flight of stairs up and dowm for 30 minutes at your pace, which can turn out to be a great heart working exercise.