WEDDING SEASON 2018 | QUICK WORKOUT ROUTINEJanuary 11, 2018
Follow these 5 simple steps to Stay Super ActiveJanuary 17, 2018
1) Do not start your day with tea or coffee, instead opt for fruits/ nuts
2) Do not skip meals, eat every 2-3 hours in small portions to control weight gain
3) Do not leave your house without eating breakfast. It helps to control hunger pangs during the day
4) Have fruits on empty stomach or during mid meals for proper nutrient absorption
5) Do not have a very large meal at one time as excess gets converted to fat. Keep some space vacant in your tummy
6) Have a light dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed. Do not immediately lie down after eating.
7) If you want to snack at night, opt for something low in fat and calories like a fruit / nuts
8) Do not binge on weekends. Choose wise options like salads, soups, grilled, roasted or steamed foods.
9) Have 35 ml water/kg body weight. Keep sipping water every 20 minutes
10) Go for exercise in the morning as it helps to burn more fat.
11) Avoid midnight snacking as it can lead to digestion problems.
12) Go for regular health checkups to know where you body is heading and what steps you need to take.
13) Get a good sound sleep for at least 7-9 hours every night to re-energize yourself the next day.
14) Be experimental and creative. Try a new fruit or vegetable each week or month
15) In a restaurant start your meal with a salad or stir fry veggies, to help control hunger and feel satiated sooner.
16) Carry small snacks with you like roasted nuts, dry crackers, roasted khakras etc. instead of eating fried snacks
17) Brown rice is more nutritious than white rice as its loaded with antioxidants, thiamine, niacin, potassium, vitamin E and fiber
18) At home get innovative and try making fresh snacks like oats dhokla, moong dal chilla, sprouts chaat etc.